re: No, not SPICA vs Webers again!

Ed in SC wrote
>For every question to this list about carb problems, there are about 20 for
>SPICA.

Perhaps, but that's more likely to reflect the kinds of cars owned by list
members than the relative reliability of those cars.  Although I've never
kept count, I suspect there are more questions about Bosch FI or--for that
matter--164 power seat switches than about Weber carbs, for the same reason.

Statistical questions aside, I agree with Ed's assessment of the merits of
Weber carburetors.  All of my current Alfas have them, and they are trouble
free when properly set up.   The same can be said for the SPICA injection
system, however, and injection provides smoother power delivery and good
driveability under a wider range of conditions.  Both systems are good and
deserve to be left on the cars they came with.

Dana Loomis