Former Ball Peen Special comes home

I got the call yesterday afternoon that my '83 GTV6 was only needing a quick wash and
it would be done at the body shop. Today we arrived at the shop about an hour earlier
than I thought we'd get there since my ride insisted I drive his car up. The owner was
just gettin' started on the wash.

When I drove off from the shop I could tell the GTV6 was is dire need of an Italian
Tune-up, which I had the pleasure of giving it on the 70 mile trip home (no, not the
whole way!!). It was runnin' and idling much better by the time it was back home.

Overall, the job looks very good, especially since it only cost me $1250. There are
still some small dings here and there, but you've got to look real hard. I will need to
have the shop address a paint run on the very back edge of the driver's door, which I
didn't see until the car was in front of the garage at home.

I had to fix a non burning side marker that I was alerted about by the owner. The lamp
housing has just gotten wrapped up in some headlamp wiring, so that was easy enough to
correct. I also had a weird anomaly with the headlights (this was to be expected, since
they've been rewired without the use of the original three- and two-way plugs). The
high beams were burning slightly when the low beams were on. Turned out to be a
miswiring of the ground on both the low beams. It wouldn't 've been a problem to
correct, except that I could not get one of the headlamps out. Lucky me, it was in the
same area as the side marker problem, which I had not yet buttoned up, so access was
easy enough to get the job done without any real difficulty.

If we have a problem gettin' the a/c recharged on Petei's 164 next week, we'll bring it
to convention if I can get a new engine coolin' fan or two in time. I'll know about the
164 situation Tuesday.

Glad to have those "Wild Horses" in the "stable" again!!
'nardo
'83 GTV6 w/ 390, 311 (s)miles