headlight switch failure

So the French exchange student wants a ride in the Alfa--we're cruising along in the middle of nowhere at night, and the headlights suddenly go out. After a few seconds of scaring everyone to death, I switch to lowbeam and stop the car. I pretend it's a fuse burnt out, even though a blown fuse would only have killed the lights on one side or the other. So we start heading home on low beams (my, how embarrassing), and I decide to hold the flasher on to get high beam. Soon enough, that fails too. So is it possible that this is anything besides the headlight switch? Does anyone have a used one they'd like to sell me?

On an unrelated note, can anyone tell me what happened to Dave Miller of Florida, who used to post on here frequently and owned a GTV6 or two? Failing that, can anyone lend me the factory cam holding tool and V6 valvespring compressor?

Thanks,
Joe "lowbeams" Elliott