Re: Webers versus Dellortos

The easy answer is : the ones that work best! Seriously though, most times it gets down to personal preference and the differences people report seems to be more a function of setting up of the carbs rather than any design superiority. One engine tuner over here prefers Dellorto because the auxiliary venturi is (are?) held on by just one support that projects into the induction stream, rather than 2 as in the case of the Weber, therefore less impedance to airflow with the Dellorto. I have found, that either works equally well but the trick is to get the settings perfect. Also, 45s seem to be easier to set up than 40s.

All the data for both Dellorto and Weber are in the owners' handbook so you shouldn't have any trouble.

Les ....in Wellington, NZ
presently - Green GTV with Weber 40 DCOE