And we have......gas!

Ok, at this point...I'm a really starting to feel like I should have not
bought this car. I'm sure its just frustration...I was sooooo close, but
yet, it seems I have so much more to go.

I decided to spend some quality time in the garage, with my garage
er...queen...not really the right word for the hunk of metal that I get to
push out of my garage to work on, and push back into my garage when I get
too tired to do more (or run out of light).
Anyhow, I got the intake manifold back on (as I posted last) and started
putting all the rest of the stuff back on (attaching hose...etc)...got that
all finished..then decided to forsake dinner and go for the gold. I put the
airbox back on and see if the car would start. Before doing so, I checked
everything I could think of....twice...making sure I hadn't forgotten
anything.

I got in the car and turned the key....chug...chug chug (I'm thinking any
second now its going to turn over)...chug chug....ok I let off. I waited a
second and tried again...repeat chugs. Waited again, because it had ALMOST
turned over...repeat chugs...so I get out of the car to see if I can figure
it out (after all it will need to have the Spica tuned and all that, new
part and all)...gas everywhere...all over the intake manifold. It seems to
be coming from the injectors, not the lines, but the injectors themselves. I
know I put them back in correctly...I mean, how else are you supposed to put
them in?

I got frustrated and went inside. The poor car ain't working yet. Anyone
have any ideas what I did wrong...and don't say "you tried fixing it
yourself, you idiot" cause I've already got that one going in the back of my
head...along with the "you sold the Verde for this piece of sh!7!??!"

Ted
HMgassysmellinB, CA
78 Alfetta Leaky Sedan (<---my fault)