Re: Fiat (Alfa) and GM

I didn't get the opportunity to ride in a 156 GTA, but I was taken for a
rather brisk run in a very not-stock 156 in South Africa a couple months ago.
3.3 liter, chip tweaks, suspension tweaks, 17" wheels.  If Alfa has created
anything close to this car in the GTA, all criticism will fall on deaf ears in
my house, because that 156 was (to borrow a phrase from my niece ) DA BOMB!
It would have blown the doors off any 3 or 5 series BMW with the possible
exeption of the new M cars.  It would have left any street legal Alfa I've
seen in the US eating dust and wheezing in its wake.  It stuck like glue, went
like stink, and looked like an Alfa -- what more could you ask for?  Wait, I
know -- the same powerplant in an AWD 147!  Oh, I think I need a cold
shower...

Tony
Portland, OR
70 2800CS