Friend Selling/Parting out '76 Spider

Hi,

Up front I'll say that the Spider is in Arlington, Virginia.

My friend Steve wants to get rid of his '76 Spider as he has too many cars that that need work that are cluttering up his driveway.

The Spider runs, but leaks oil from the engine seals. My friend does start it and run it about the neighborhood every week, but he doesn't use it regularly as there's too much slop in the steering box, (his Spider has the non-adjustable type).

The car has a newly, (less than 3k on them) re-built transmission and performance tuned head. It also has a high-flow header and exhaust, along with a performance suspension package with less than 5k on it.

He also has two spare engine blocks with Spica FI pumps to go with the car and lots of other parts that came off of my '77 when it was total'd. The engine on my car had less than 10k on a new head I got from Racambi, and new pistons/bearings I'd put in it.

He also has many NIB parts that he wasn't able to put on his Spider, as well as a fairly complete set of manuals/books and some Spider specific tools to include the valve compression tool along with the dizzy wrench and the fuel cut off solenoid tool.

The bad news is that he thinks the body is too rusted out to save. It has had new floor boards put in by a pro, but the driver's rear panel is pretty far gone, and the rockers as well as the rear wheel arches are starting to go. There's also some surface rust in various places.

Personally, I think it can be saved but it won't be a job for the faint of heart.

In any event, he wants to get rid of it as a whole car or part it out. He also has access to a flat bed tow truck, and as such can transport it within a reasonable distance from his place.

If you have any interest you can contact Steve Burke at 703-856-6271.

As I mentioned, the car is in Arlington, Virginia.

Thanks,

Scott Allen