Hesitation at 2500-3000 rpm, intermittent

Hi,
	driving home yesterday, I noticed a few times while accelerating
through 2500 rpm that my 88 spider hesitated (felt like it had less than
the normal power), but it ran fine both above and below that rpm range.
It didn't do this every time going through that RPM range,  it seemed to
become more frequent as I approached home.

	I noticed a post suggesting the advance mechanism in the
distributor.  I'll check that out.  Does anyone have any other suggestions
for possible causes that I should run down?

I'm thinking dirt in the fuel line woulnd't show up at the same RPM.

Could it be something with the variable valve timing? (which is mysterious
to me).

thanks,
	Don Banfield

Don Banfield					Senior Research Associate
banfield@domain.elided                   Cornell University Astronomy