re: Berlina Brakes - I'm Back! Chapter ??

Mitch Wolberg wrote:
>After reinstalling the boosters and the MC I proceeded to bleed the brakes.
>Two quarts of DOT 3 brake fluid later and at least 4 circuits
(rr,lr,rf,lf) around
>the car with a power bleeder the brake pedal is still soft and low. No more
>bubbles in the fluid and it doesn't pump up. I adjusted the free play and
its better
>but still not right.

Two things to try: 1) The boosters are the high point in the system, so an
air pocket can form in them.  Bleed the boosters by cracking the lines
going out and having someone step on the brake.  2) To get the last bit of
air out of the system, sometimes the engine has to be running and someone
needs to step on the brake while the bleed screws are opened.

HTH --
Dana Loomis