Subject: stainless rust question

I don't think the Alfa bumpers are stainless steel all the way through.
Same goes for some of the old Fiat hubcaps. The sheet metal is like a
sandwhich with  blue-ish stainless steel on top and bottom, but yellowish
steel in between. Best guess I've heard is that the steel sheet was rolled
out of laminated flat stock to save a few bucks. Just a best guess, but I
can't imagine the stainless was plated on!