Dean W. Cains
Lutz, FL
'74 Spider Veloce

At 07:12 PM 5/30/2002, you wrote:

Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:36:48 +0000
From: "PETER FUGEDI" <cybertrance@domain.elided>
Subject: need help w/Spica Spider

I have a 79 spider with SPICA that stalls out once warmed up.  It runs fine
when cold.  But after a few minutes when the thermostat opens up and the
temp goes up, it won't idle.  It will stall out if I don't keep the RPMs
above at least 1500.  It runs fine at higher RPM, but can't let it idle.
Also, now when my thermostat opens, the engine temps immediately jumps from
140 to 212 Fahrenheit. (low end of the gauge to high end)  I am not sure
where to start troubleshooting on this car.  I used to have an 82 w/BOSCH,
but this is my first SPICA car.  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter in Los Angeles
79 spider