Cylinder Liner Clamps

     I have made up clamps for cylinder liners for both 4 and 6 cylinder Alfas.  I do not know about the TS and other variations not imported to the USA, but the procedure should be about the same.
     I bought 10 feet of black iron (natural gas or plumbing)pipe with an inside dimension of approximately 1/2 inch.  If I recall correctly, this is 3/8 inch black iron pipe, but how plumbers measure it is beyond me.
     I bought a bunch of large diameter washers that would span the gap from the edge of the block to the cylinder liner.  In the US, these are often sold as "fender" washers.  Then I cut the black iron pipe to length between the washer and the stock cylinder head nut.  Make enough clamps to hold down all the cylinder liners.
     I seem to recall that on the Milano V-6, the distance from the edge of the block to the liner was more than any washer would cover.  I recall using 1/4 inch thick steel strap cut to length to catch two head studs and two liners.  I also recall that the black iron pipe was shorter for the V-6 than the bits I cut for the four cylinder.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City