Fwd: Help Keep Our Kids Tobacco Free!

--

--------- Forwarded Message ---------

DATE: 15 May 2002 15:10:01 -000
From: TakeAction@domain.elided
To: "Todd Mellon" <Tod_d@domain.elided>

Hi,

Not long ago, you asked to receive information about critical issues
that affect our Environment on thePetitionSite.com. One of the most
important, yet often forgotten environments is your indoor
environment --  indoor air quality in your home, at restaurants, bars,
and more.

Did you know that tobacco smoke contains over 4000 chemicals,
including 50 carcinogens that are released when a cigarette is smoked.
Some are found naturally in the tobacco leaf, and others are created
through combustion or burning. If you are a non-smoker, exposure to
second-hand smoke increases your chance of lung cancer by 25% and heart
disease by 10%. In the year 2000, an estimated 900,000 children under
the age of 12 were regularly exposed to second-hand smoke in the home
from cigarettes, cigars or pipes.

Eliminating smoke from our local environments is one of the simplest
ways to help improve air quality. It might not be feasible to end
smoking now for all smokers, but we can certainly take action
immediately to help reduce the number of future smokers by keeping our
children smoke free today!

Today, 5000 kids will try their first cigarette. Another 2000 will
become regular, daily smokers, one-third of whom will die prematurely
as a result.

You can help protect America's kids from Big Tobacco.
Send a FREE letter to the President,
Click here: http://www.care2.com/go/redirect/2/4223

After decades of marketing to kids, Philip Morris is changing its name
to sound socially responsible, but it isn't changing its deadly habits.
The fact is, more kids smoke "Altria's" Marlboros more than all other
brands combined. Watch the short movie for more information!
http://www.care2.com/go/redirect/2/4224

It only takes a minute to help. Click here to send a FREE letter and
protect America's Kids from Big Tobacco:
http://www.care2.com/go/redirect/2/4223.

And once you have done your part, please forward this message to your
friends and family.

Thank you for your help,
Your Friends at Care2, ThePetitionSite.com &
Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids

To unsubscribe from Care2 and ThePetitionSite.com's
Animals and Environment list, send an empty email to
do-unsub-11-207429-218671-24600c87@domain.elided

--------- End Forwarded Message ---------