Re: 1750 head gasket

At 04:02 PM 5/28/02 -0400, you wrote:
>In #771 Les Singh in Wellington, NZ recommends an Alfetta GT head gasket
>for Dick Stachowiak's engine.
>
>*******
>
>Unnh, Les, I'm sure Alfettas came with 1750 engines in NZ, but not in
>the USonly 2000 engines.
>
>But main reason I wanted to make this distinction is that (as we all
>know) a 1750 head gasket will NOT fit on a 2000.
>
>Groupwho does sell Reinz gaskets / sets in the US?
>
>********
>
>Les mentioned the Dalai Lama was speaking in Wellington. Some years ago
>I dated a young lady who was a recent graduate of an exclusive Eastern
>college.
>
>When the Dalai Lama spoke at the college, everyone turned up wearing
>"Well Hello Dalai" T-shirts.
>
>Biba
>Irwindale, CA USA

Hey Biba

You guys in the States seem to miss out on a whole lot of stuff!  The
Alfetta Gt I thought was the 1.8 engine (1750 or 1779 cc) version whereas
the Alfetta GTV was the 2 litre one. I've got used to the differences
between the GT Veloces sold in the States versus elsewhere, things like fog
lights instead of high power driving lights. Was reading Tipler's book on
the GTA last night and he commented unfavourably on the equipment fitted to
the US GTVs, especially Spica, however a lot of people on this digest seem
to prefer the Spica system, so there you go.

On religion .. have to tell you this: last week an archbishop in Australia,
when chided for refusing to give communion to gays commented: God made Adam
and Eve, not Adam and Steve"  !

Les
Wellington, NZ on a glorious day ...