Clutch pedal - steering wheel clearance

Hi Folks,
	I'm stilling figuring out my 88 spider veloce.  The biggest
problem I seem to have with it is clearance between the clutch pedal and
the steering wheel.  That is, when the clutch is in its normal position
(pedal all the way up), the distance between the pedal and the bottom of
the steering wheel is such that my lower leg doesn't fit (straight) in
there.
	I can avoid this by twisting my leg for every clutch press, but
that's already messed up my hip a bit.  As it is, I need to do something,
or else the grind of my hip with twisted clutching makes the otherwise fun
car much less fun to drive.
	I can't just move the seat back (which would presumably lower my
knee below the steering wheel), as that wouldn't allow me to press the
clutch all the way to the floor.  I'm about 5'10", with pretty typical leg
length.  This issue must have been seen by others of you!

	My steering wheel is ~380mm.  I'm wondering if there's some way
to either get a smaller diamater steering wheel, or else just move the
current one toward me by about 1".  Has anyone solved this by using a
350mm wheel?  Or is there an adapter that will move the wheel toward me an
inch?  Or are there some 380mm wheels that have more dish to them and
hence are closer to the driver?

	Looking at the other end of the problem, the clutch pedal at rest
is about 1/2"-1" higher than the brake pedal.  Is there a way to adjust
that resting position of the clutch?  I think 1" would fix it... but I
don't want to screw up clutch pedal free play.

	Advice?

Don Banfield

Don Banfield					Senior Research Associate
banfield@domain.elided                   Cornell University Astronomy