RE: 168 blues and UPS

I too have had this experience with UPS after ordering parts from the US
to Canada. UPS charges a brokerage fee in the case of an $80 part $40
on top of shipping charges already paid! I now refuse to allow anyone to
ship to me via UPS and insist on the slower mail system which has not
charged these Brokerage fees.
Bob
91 Spider
Calgary

RE: 168 blues

If we are telling sad 164 stories I have a couple.

I will start with my 91 164L running perfectly needs nothing, so I
decide
to purchase some "L" wheels because for some unknown reason the car came

with base wheels and wheel covers. I put out the word that I was looking

for wheels. I got a response from someone from Canada and we worked out
price including shipping, I sent out a check and requested the wheels
get
to me before the Limerock event on April 26th. The wheels did not arrive
on
time, however they did arrive while I was at Limerock on the 26th with a

COD note of $75.00 from UPS !! (I already paid $50.00 for shipping when
we
cut the deal) so now I have a set of wheels that I paid $125.00 for
shipping.
      Also while at Limerock on the main straight approaching 100 MPH
some
debris that looked like a headlight trim ring hit my car right square in

the hood Alfa emblem it then bounced off of my windshield, the
windshield
was OK, the emblem flew off of my car and is now part of the team
shoestring trophy.
      And when I got back from the LImerock weekend, my car gets waked
hard in a
parking lot (no note) in the drivers side rear quarter, BIG dent.
      Finally the air-conditioner quit working, I had just spent well
over
$1,000 just a year ago to get it fixed.

All of this in a week!!

Bill LeClair