Re[2]: 73 GTV progress

On Fri, 24 May 2002 05:33:48 -0400 Dana Loomis <dloomis@domain.elided> wrote:

> richard welty is wondering why his presumably USA-model '73 GTV doesn't
> have rear seat belts

> In spite of the lack of seat belts, the car should have factory mounding
> points for them.  Lift up the bottom cushion of the rear seat and you
> should find the inboard ones on the tunnel.  The outboard mounts are
> harder
> to find.  Look and feel around on the rounded wheel housing just next to
> the upholstered quarter panel: the mount should be there, but may be
> covered by the vinyl trim or seam sealer.

very good. i'll go looking for them next week, i think.

i'm about to (reluctantly) send my old saab turbo to the junkyard. i'll
scavenge some belts from it before i send it on its way. i have lots of
seat belt mounting hardware sitting around, from parting out cars and from
replacing stock hardware with clip in racing harness hardware in track and
race cars.

and yes, as john has said, i have goen for extended periods without reading
the digest. getting one car back on the road, and the prospect of getting a
second one back on soon, have provided the incentive to start following
this list again.

we're approaching the 15 year anniversery of the start of the original
italian-cars-digest, back when i was a contractor at GE R&D; can't afford
to break the continuity.

richard