Signal flasher on '93 Spider?

Well now that the 164Q seems to be done with the electrical issue (check engine light stayed off after unhooking the battery, crossing my fingers), my Spider is trying to let me know it's still there and wants attention.

The turn signals stopped working today. No warning, nothing intermittent - just worked yesterday but not today. The stalk switch feels like it's working OK - it clicks in and out of position just fine. I suspect the flasher.

The problem is the manual doesn't say which doohicky in the fuse panel is the flasher. This car doesn't have a flasher that looks like a tin can - everything in there looks the same. Can anyone tell me which thing is the flasher?

I did find one thing that looked like a flasher (OK, there are several).. I tugged on it a little with the car off, and it made a major buzzing sound. I also noticed that it's hot to the touch, even with the car off.... I pulled harder and the plastic cover came off, revealing a coil and a little pattern of small metal prongs, attached to a small circuit board. Is this the signal flasher?

The car has another problem, that's existed for a few months - the reverse lights don't work. I had assumed that this was due to the bulbs being out in the back, but I haven't gotten around to changing them. Is it possible the problems are related?

*sigh*

Thanks in advance,
-Glenn
'93 Spider
'94 164Q
...odds are that at any given point, one of the two cars will be trouble-free....