RE: Refurbishing the Ugly Plastic Bumpers on a 1978 Spider

Here's a suggestion on the plastic bumper issue.  The POR15 folks make a
product called POR-GLO, which appears to be a long-life type ArmorAll type
product - claimed to last up to a year.  I wanted something to tidy up the
fading side mirrors on my 164.

I asked both the Alfa and Peugeot digests if anybody has used this stuff,
but after no responses I splashed out and bought a can anyway.

The directions state that the plastic must be prepared with POR's marine
clean (which smells exactly like one of those alkaline degreasers).  I did
this, but it still took a few applications to get an even coat.  I think
that maybe I should have cleaned up the faded plastic with some white
spirit before the degreaser, but anyway the end result is excellent, and a
little of this stuff seems to go a long way.

I only did this a few weeks ago, so I'll report back to the digest later
about how it stands up.

Cheers,
John Wiltshire
Sydney Australia

If you have received this email in error, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing and using the information.
Please contact the sender immediately by return email and destroy
the original message.