Re: 164 Camber

I know this is a little late, but I just had my 164's wheels aligned this
past weekend.

Specs were

Front
Camber        -1.1 to - 2.4 degrees
Caster         1.0 to  2.6 degrees
Toe             0 to -.08" (the printout and the monitor showed " double
quotes which to me means seconds)

Rear
Camber       0.1 to -1.8 degrees
Toe             .15" to .23"

My car which has several thousand miles on the current set of tires, showing
no abnormal wear, was as follows prior to alignment.  (The alignment was done
because I had the steering rack out, and replaced ball joints and tie rod
ends, which were in good shape, but had cracked boots.)

Front
Camber       -1.4 degrees left       -1.8 degrees right
Caster         1.3 degrees left        1.2 degrees right
Toe             .29"  left      -0.68" right    (this is why I went in after
changing the tie rod ends, although I felt pretty good about my rough
measurements to get to the alignment shop)

Rear
Camber       -1.0 degrees
Toe             .22"

I had them set the toe to 0.0 degrees at all four wheels.

John Justus
1995 164 Q
1971 1750 GT Veloce