Re: alfa-digest V8 #741

I'm way behind on my digests, but this V6-in-non-Alfa thread is intriguing.
My BMW-driving buddy has come to think pretty highly of Alfa motors, and
always talks about putting a 1750 turbo or a 2000TS in our Opel GT, and now
he's considering buying an engine-less Porsche 914 to put a 16v Alfa boxer
in, but ironically, it was the 12v 2500 V6 in my GTV6 and another buddy's
Milano that turned this guy on to Alfa engines--but so far he hasn't
thought of a suitable car to do a V6 transplant into.

Joe
'82 GTV6
'73 Opel GT

PS> More proof that American vehicle/nationality stereotypes are
horseshit--afformentioned buddy recently supplemented his 735i with a
Kawasaki GSX-R750, and it leaks more oil from more places than any other
vehicle I've worked on, and electrical system has kept it off the road so
far--and I thought I had some hard-to-troubleshoot electrical gremlins on
the Alfa!  Sheesh, what an ill-designed, leak-prone, chafe-prone,
short-prone, poorly-thought-out mess!!  At least it fits in the living
room, which his BMW doesn't.  But I couldn't help but laugh when we jumped
this "reliable" Japanese machine with my ratty Alfa, or when I came home
and saw my dad's '70-ish Velocette in the garage with 116,000 miles on it
and no leaks (Nat's Kawasaki has a piddling 20k on it).  I think that's
enough off-topic ranting for one day....back to "work" (aka reading last
week's AD) for me.