Spider rear axle ratios

In a message dated 05/21/2002 1:21:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:32:52 -0400
> From: Dana Loomis <dloomis@domain.elided>
> Subject: Spider rear axle ratios
>
> Anyone know which years the 2-liter Spider had a taller rear axle ratio
> than the 4,55 that was used in the '60s and early '70s?  As I recall, at
> some point they went to a 4.10 or lower, which I want to avoid.
>
> Thanks,
> Dana Loomis
> 66 and 71 Giulia Supers
> 71 GT Veloce

       The 1982 and later Bosch spiders all have 10:41 or 4.10 gears.  All
2000 spiders prior to that had 9:41 or 4.56 gears.
       Some of the last of the Spica spiders may have had the 4.10 gears.
The ones with the big single butterfly intake manifold had numerous changes
including the VVT intake cam.  What else they might have had I am not sure,
as I have never owned a complete one, only parts thereof.
       All of the 2000 Alfas from 1972 and after seem to have come to the USA
with limited slip.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City