Re: Gulling the ignorant, my two cents

Personally I don't think the issue is the dollar value of a car/toaster/part,
and I don't have an issue with buying a car for less then it's worth from
someone who thinks (rightly or wrongly) that the car has problems.  Seller
beware.

 I am a little uncomfortable with fixing the car in front of the seller and
driving off.  I would just thank him, and drive to the nearest parking lot
out of sight for a quick repair.  Who knows, the guy might later find a box
of parts or folder of receipts that you would kill for.  If you rub his nose
in it what are the chances he'll call you?

I made a pretty good score at the recent APE swap meet.  I took the parts to
my car and put them in the trunk.  Seller was happy, he bumped up my offer by
$5, I got something I can e-bay for 10X the price if I don't us it myself.
Nobody's mad.

Mitch Fisher
'74 spider
Dublin, CA