Low speed miss

I'm having intermittent miss problems with my Milano.  Basically, as I
drive away from a stop or a couple miles an hour in 2nd or 3rd gear, the
car misses for a second and then it's fine.  There's never a miss in
first gear and never at high speeds or even after that initial miss.

It feels like an electronic problem rather than fuel related.  All parts
are in new or good shape.  The wires are about 40K miles old so maybe I
need to check resistance across each wire.  I don't understand why it
only happens at those certain low engine speed situations.

Regards,
Gary