Spider motor mounts redux

Checking my sources and dredging my leetle gray cells, I am sorry to report
that my recollection of Spider mounts in a more durable material was wrong.

Never mind how it got confused and what with, but the one grain of truth I
believe formed the nucleus for this erroneous idea is that on the later
Spiders in the USA (in the 90s), there is a slightly different type of motor
mount on the driver's side than on earlier models.  And, there is/was a P.
Spreull aftermarket design.

Several of our astute readers commented on this question.  I guess there was
a wisp of wishful thinking involved on my part, together with the confusion
about the material.  Sorry.

Old mounts or new, hoping to see many of you and your Spiders on the driving
tour I'm putting together and leading during Alfiesta 2002 July 3 - 7 in
Costa Mesa, CA, USA.  (<new style of plug)

Charlie
LA, CA, USA