164 camber

Alan et al;

Does anyone (FRED?)know how to deal with the ridiculous negative
(seemingly unadjustable) front camber in the 164.

My '91 car has -2.52 on one side, and -2.64 on the other.

As a result, the inside of the front tires wears out after about 7000
miles--it's getting expensive.

That much camber is what I look for in my race car---absurd for a
passenger vehicle.

Anyone???---(file oval holes in the mount?)

Alan,
Probably you need struts, we see alot that are basically bent. Now, you could
oval the holes and manually adjust it. Make sure the strut bearings are good
also. Check the a-arm bushings, and the top mounts. It depemds on where you
live and hte roads. Here in Florida, with the good roads, the struts typically
last 100K plus. I'm at 109K on Sofia with no leaks and good control.

I believe the spec is 2 degrees max. I have typical camber on my car and it
wears tires perfectly even with spirited driving. I'm running 16" wheels, and
have even wear.

You may find it you over-correct the camber, that you may lose some of the
handling edge.  I'd say kust get it back into spec. It's agot camber built in
for a few reasons.

Enjoy!

Bill
Mastro Subaru Inc. Tampa Florida USA