164 idiot lights

My "BRAKE" and pad indicators are currently "ON".   The owner's manual
says "BRAKE" indicates low fluid -- but if there were any more in there,
it would overflow -- does this sensor frequently go bad?

And does the pads indicator come-on when continuity is broken -- or when
the wire is grounded to the disk?  (Tf I recall, either might cause some
indication in the GTV6 -- but I think it could be distinguished...)

(While we're at it, just what does the "STOP"(lights) indicator complain
about?)

rmbies