Re: Variations on Dash Caps

on 5/15/02 7:20 AM, alfa-digest at owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided wrote:

> Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 07:14:01 -0400
> From: "Jay T Hinton" <jhinton@domain.elided>
> Subject: Variations on Dash Caps
>
> My dash cap for the 83 GTV6 arrived yesterday from Vicks,  and its a
> full cover dash cap,  rather than just the upper area of others.
>
> I think the cost was a very reasonable 58 some dollars.  I ordered it
> about a week ago and at the time,  they said it may have been the last
> one of that batch they had on hand.
>
> Now,  I am curious if they have a full cover model for the 1750 GTV
> dash.  The current replacement one I do have is just the typical
> non-full cover cap.
>
> Anyway,  there are different caps out there, so if it matters,  beware
> of where you order one as well as how much you may pay.
>
> Next replacement I am working on for the GTV6 is a full CSC header and
> exhaust system,  which I am sourcing through a non-typical importer,  so
> I have to see if he can actually get it in first.
>
> Ciao,  Jay

I hope your full dash cap fits your GTV-6 better than the one I bought from
the Alfa parts place in Utah (forgot their name) fit mine. It was a full cap
and it was so small, that it didn't fit anywhere. I ended up buying a custom
carpet dash pad from IAP, and in my estimation, its a much better solution.
Not only does it fit marvelously (it even fits between the dash-top vents
and the dashboard so that the vents can still be rotated), but it was easy
to attach using simple Velcro (although they don't give you enough) and it
looks good as well as completely eliminating that horrible glare from that
steeply raked windscreen.

George Graves