paint colors on screen

In a message dated 5/13/2002 10:22:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> I am hoping to find a site where I can actually view the colors. Can any
> one
> direct me to the company or source for the proper paint which was
> originally
> used by Alfa.

You may find a site that shows paint chips or pictures of painted cars...

But each and every monitor will have its own unique way of rendering the
colors and it would show only a color approximation or comparison of one
color to another, not an exact match.  Even if you have a paint chip at the
painter's, your car will be a revelation when it comes out of the drying
booth.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA