speedo cable

This last weekend I changed out my speedometer cable and was advised that
the cable came prelubed form the factory and that I didn't have to add any
grease. However, after a test run yesterday, it sounds like it is not
spinning freely enough, similar to the sound that happened before it broke
off before. What are some things I should check out, should I take it out
and add some grease maybe?
Thanks,
Pat Crawford