Re: Fred

I'm not against crossing swords with Fred on occasion, but as a fellow
curmudgeon, I do come to his defense.  It is not a matter of abstract
right (although arguably a case can be made) still, practically we reach
an age where there is no-longer anyone we feel a need to placate.  Thus we
can say what we please.

Freedom.

Alfas forever ---- (the General willing, I suppose....)

{Of course he's wrong -- how to sort the sundry knocks an engine may make
is the essence of black magic.  What is immanenet demise; what "they all
do..."?  As one of the bones I pick is that (US, at least) Alfa has
represented "bang per buck", how to make the most of a $50 purchase is
where it's at -- least-cost parts; the minimum needed -- and high-ticket
wrenches (even if they happen to know what they're doing) are not part of
that picture.  It's DIY, and make-do.  [Non-Alfa, but my best purchase
was a $50 Opel Sportwagon -- great little car, which was what it was
for about five years, until it got nailed by a driver running a red
light.]}

rmbies