RE: Fred

Fred appears to have got up on the wrong side of the colostomy bag yesterday
but can we please take it easy on him?

Fred certainly seems to know his Alfas inside-out and backwards and I would
hate to lose his valuable experience and knowledge from this forum.

Some of the people on the list who responded to Fred's tirade I think
haven't been on the list so long so you may not realise that this is just
Fred at his almost finest......

Fred, I do think that your response was over the top and heavy-handed. I
think what the contributor was seeking was really some pointers as to what
to look for now. There isn't a workshop manual I have ever seen that covers
the subject, "How to figure out what those noises mean.". In fact, most of
the workshop manuals I've seen share some glaring omissions in certain key
areas that really hinder those of us who have neither decades of wrenching
experience nor garage colleagues on whom we can lean.

I too, bemoan the amount of time spent here and in other fora reiterating
the same old basic answers to the same old basic questions that are all
covered in any 10 dollar workshop manual but this list has been such a
mature place to discuss and share information, ideas, problems and solutions
that this kind of spat is completely out of place.

Remember, it's all too easy to appear arrogant or antagonistic in emails. I
should know, I'm one of the best at such faux pas.

In future, please take these things off-list.

Now, could somebody _please_ tell me how to remove the centre console from
my 75 (without breaking anything)?