RE: Travel Tool Kit

> 	Me and Leapin Lena, my 86 Spider, are taking a road trip. we'll be gone
> for 5 weeks.  I need some suggestions as to what tools to take, open/box
> wrenches, plug wrench, etc.. Sizes will help allot..  The baby doesn't
> carry much so room is at a premium.

Ditto what Scott said, I'd emphasize the spares.  You can buy cheap tools
anywhere, or borrow some.  You can buy oil, anti freeze, etc.  You can't,
however, find a water pump on a Saturday morning in most places.

So, I'd pack up a few of the things that are likely to leave you stranded if
they break - belts, hoses, maybe that water pump, wheel bearings, etc.
Sounds like you've been prepping the car for months, so I'm assuming you've
already changed all the fluids and such.

I also used to bring a copy of the AROC roster, back when they used to print
it annually (Hey AROC, you listening?  Want to justify the dues increase?
Start publishing the roster again..).  At a minimum bring a few phone
numbers of AROC tech advisors and digesters/shops that are likely to be able
to provide help in a given area.

Enjoy the trip, and put me down for help in the Boston area if needed.

bs