Ferrari 156

On the February page of the 2002 Le piu belle Ferrari calendario, there is a photo of 3 GP cars; a 500 F2, a F1 Dino 156 (sharknose) and a F156. The photo appears to have been shot in the Galleria Ferrari. The F156 looks more modern than the Dino. It is lower, has different suspension and wider tires.

Ed Prytherch
2 Alfas
1 Ferrari calendar

John wrote: In the second of his two AD8-714 posts George Graves says "Never heard of the
Ferrari 156." I suspect he did, perhaps under the Dino name and just didn't
recognize the number. The 156 was the shark-nose Ferrari which dominated the
1961 GP season; it was the car in which Phil Hill took the World Championship.
The engine was a Carlo Chiti design, and Enzo Ferrari disliked it, barely
tolerating it because it was successful; when the sixes had outlived their
competition usefulness they were unceremoniously scrapped, as the Fiat had
been thirty-five years earlier. I believe a 'replica' has been built, but that
none of the real ones survive. (May be wrong, if so, tell me.)