32Klez virus is gone!

Thanks to everyone who helped me on this virus, which arrived as an email
entitled NewWebSite\ape and at the time I thought it was something from Alfa
Parts Exchange  (it was not).

My final solution was to run the Symantec 32Klez Removal Program (sent to me
by Mr. Cantrell of our group), apparently available as a download from
Symantec, however the virus had got hold of my modem software, and I couldn't
control it.  (This, and all previous messages about 32Klez is coming to you
from my non-infected laptop.)  This insidious virus will amaze you with it's
ability to neutralize your anti-virus software (I was using Symantec - Norton
SystemWorks).

If you THINK you have it, one way to tell is to check your System
Configuration Utility - Start Up file for evidence.  To do this, click Start,
Run, and where it says "Type the name of a program...", type "msconfig" (no
quotes).  That will put you there.  Besides the normal startup programs (NEVER
shut off SystemTray!) you may have activated, look for any that are entitled
Winkfq   or   Winkyfo.  Those are the buggers.  They are coming on at start
up, and controlling your computer.  One way to know is to try to shut them OFF
by unchecking.  They will not turn off.  Everytime you reboot, they have
returned.

Sorry to take up space in the Alfa Digest for this, but it was Alfa Digest
people who helped me!

Mr. Goose