Replacing window regulator cables

Replacing a window regulator cable on my Sport Sedan was one of my first
and most excruciating Alfa trials.

I found better cable and fittings in a local hardware store, pulled the
other door panel, and wound it in a mirror image, as others have
suggested.  The cable I used had an anti-abrasion coating on it and ran
more smoothly.

The yippee moment of the repair came when I discovered the regulator had a
ratcheting mechanism in it, allowing me to install the cable with a little
slack, then take it up with a few clicks.  It was a challenging repair for
me, never having dealt with anything like that before, but it was better
than new.

Good luck with yours.
Joe