Re: Window cable thingee

In a message dated 5/8/02 1:06:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Skipatnode writes:

>        I SAW A REALLY GOOD ANSWER TO YOUR PROBLEM ON THE DIGEST SO I WON'T
> GO INTO ALL THAT AGAIN.  HOWEVER, YOU SAY YOUR CABLE SNAPPED, WHICH MEANS
YOU
> HAVE A MESS IN THERE!
>         SO, HIS FIRST STATEMENT ABOUT MAPPING OUT THE CABLE LAYOUT PROBABLY
> LEFT YOU SCRATCHING YOUR HEAD!
>         JUST PULL THE OTHER DOOR PANEL OFF AND THERE IS A MIRROR IMAGE OF
> WHAT YOU NEED TO END UP WITH.
>         DON'T ASK HOW I LEARNED THAT!  I WAS SCRATCHED ALMOST BALD WHEN A
NON-
> CAR FRIEND OF MINE CAME UP WITH IT.  MAKES YOU FEEL SOOO STUPID SOMETIMES!
>         OH, YEAH.  I WENT TO A SLING COMPANY AND GOT SOME STAINLESS STEEL
> CABLE TO REPAIR MINE WITH.  I THINK IT WILL LAST LONGER
>         ANY MORE PROBLEMS, HOLLER.

Thanks Skip... turns out my cable broke right at the point where it goes down
into the winder... just 3/4" lost from the end. I'm hoping the cable, in the
course, of duty, has stretched sufficiently to allow me simply to re-anchor
the broken end inside the winder thing. The job is about half done, I think I
have it wound correctly... will hopefully complete it successfully tomorrow,
thanks to everyone's help- Ralph's especially for the great tutorial posted
to the list.

Kind regards,
Courtney