Subject: replace vintage radio

> I'd like to replace the $59 Bradlees special radio (a non functioning Sanyo
>> tape deck from the 70s), with a period radio.   Avoiding the whole "did
>> radios
>> come stock in 60s Alfas" thread, can anyone suggest where I might be able
>> purchase a period radio that would fit in my Duetto.
>>

> There is a vintage auto radio shop near here (in Burbank, CA).  I don't know
> if they have a mail order department or not.  If you're in the vicinity, let
> me know.
>
> Typically, there is a bunch of nutcase fruit loops around for every kind of
> obsolete techno junk, and I am sure you will find an old car radio world if
> you look long enough for it.
>
> Perhaps you could  try "calling C. Q." on a search engine --

Uh, "Vintage Radio" is more the official title of that hobby.. tho it
usually deals with household products, I'm sure some spillover into auto
products occurs.. and those folks would be the best to ask.

Calling CQ, will get you Hams, possibly into vintage gear, but Ham
vintage gear.. (tho also might be into Vintage Radio) Ya gotta keep your
C's and Q's straight, Charlie!  ;-)

All this is making me wonder just how much the radio in my old '58
Sprint normale was worth(a rather beat down car, that I never should
have taken on as a restortion project) I used to have..  It had what
looked like the original radio..  very old, AM only, chrome channel
select buttons.

I turned it on, when I was evaluating the car.. nothing happened.
Well, to be expected, it was 25-30yrs old at the time..  but after a
minute..  IT STARTED MAKING NOISE!!  Yes, the tubes warmed up and it
worked!  I was shocked!!

I ended up buying the car for $800, never doing much with it, then
selling it for $400..  always wondered if I should have pulled out the
radio and sold it for the price I paid for the car..

Jon -aka KA6MOK.. calling CQ...