Re: spider missing missing?

-Dave
I'm a little behind on digests, so hopefully the problems already been
solved, but it sorta sounds like when I had a sharpened cam lobe on my
spider.  Although, the poor running problem I had was due to bad cam timing.
If it were the front intake cam lobe, this might explain the noise though.
Or possibly other valve/head problems?  Hopefully not.  If it is a bad cam,
ask on the digest, somebody probably has an extra stock one for cheap.  When
mine went bad, there were piles of em at the shop I worked at.  Or it might
be a distributor prob as you say.
I'm not an expert by any means, but it's worth a shot.
Also, might want to check that the cam chain tensioner bolt is tight.
Good luck,
Jake Hahn
87 Spider
some bavarian stuff too.