Milano brake pad removal, how do i get that thing apart?

Well I've decided to tackle this squealing rear brake problem on my own.
So I got under the car yesterday and could not figure out how to either
swing up or remove the calipers to get access to the brake pads. My shop
manual doesn't even provide an exploded view of the rear calipers (what a
rip!) let alone a description on how to get at them.

As it looks pretty damned crowded in there I'm guessing I'll have to
disconnect the half-shafts from the tranny output shaft which goes
through the rotors. Is this correct? I sure hope I'm wrong and that there
is an easier way of doing this. Then is the next step to remove the
rotors and hopefully then have access to the caliper for removal of the
pads?

If anyone has details or a link on how to take this bad boy apart I'd
really appreciate it.

Oh and finally is it safe to jack up the car benath the center of the
de-dion tube and then support the car with jack stands ahead of the rear
wheels?

Thanks in advance, Derek