cigarette seals

Worthy of the multitude of wet-noodle quips (for largely the same reason)

(I visualize the factory tool as essentially a pliers, with 10mm hole to
accept the seal; a rod to shove it out...?)

But a simple kludge:  get a piece of 7/16" tubing from a local hobby-shop,
and a 3/8" bolt or similar rod about 2 1/2" long -- cut a piece of tube to
that length (the brass will do), shove the new seal into the tube, and
drive it home through the tube with the rod.

I tried cold -- cold enough, it would work, but it seems to me only if one
has a means to hold the seal narrower while freezing it (cold enough to be
hard, the seal may well shatter when struck against resistance -- I'm
talking liquid nitrogen cold here) -- it comes slightly larger than the
hole...

rmb