interlock - 1974?

Tim;

Rather than deal with the years, a more accurate way to look at this might
be by VIN range (with regard to Alfa's apparent marketing practices of "one
model fits all years").
For example I know that my Spider was originally sold in Canada as a ' 75
model but it does have the interlock. In fact the original owners manual is
for a 1974 which can plainly be seen under the white label that says 1975.
It was built in July of '74 and falls well between the VIN numbers of the
two ' 74 Spiders that you've owned (got that from you a number of years ago).
I'm under the impression that the interlock was driven by legislation but
the law was repealed for the following year (or whatever). I don't know
that this is true, but it sounds reasonable that the governments in NA
would screw things up in this fashion.

Hugh,
Medicine Hat