Miata seats

Cantrell muses in AD V8-#698

> Gordy Hyde, who has sat in the Spider you saw the pictures of, forwarded
>  your message to me.  I've been out and about, and missed your original
>  posting.  I probably sent you the picture of the tan Miata seats in my
>  Spider, but as Gordy will attest, I ain't no gentleman.
>  Anyhow, to respond to your questions:  I think the Miata seats may be the
>  best single improvement in my car, at least for comfort.  If I ever get
>  around to mounting a little amplifier and hooking up the speakers in the
>  headrests, I may even be able to hear the radio with the top down-

1 - Yes I have sat in subject seats.
2 - Subject to debate - Joe's gentleman-ness   YMMV
3 - Hard to judge, as I've only been pressed into these seats, firmly secured
by the five point harness, as Joe chased (in a gentlemanly manner?) all
manner of BMW, P-cars, and the odd supercharged Miata around Portland
International Raceway.  No way I would have been listening to the speakers in
that situation, I was too busy watching him heel-and-toe and driving blithely
around his "home" track.  The helmet may have affected sound quality also.
8^)

If I ever get another Spider, however, you can be assured that I will
consider the installation of the Miata seats - they are way more comfortable
than the stock ones I've been in.

Gordy
living in a far northerly suburb of Portland
AROO and NWARC