2 extra wires on 115 transmission

Hi Modelle,

I've seen this on a friends alfetta gtv.  The wires switch a small solenoid
that sits between the carburettors and, when energized (or de-energized - not
sure which way around it is)  it holds the throttles open a small amount.  I
beleive it holds the throttles open a small amount during deceleration while
in gear - something to do with reducing emissions I think.  We noticed when
the solenoid was working correctly, it stopped the car popping and backfiring
during deceleration down a long hill.

Of course, this is all just my opinion.  Greater minds will fill the gap and
quickly point us in the right direction if not :)

Scott.