GTV6 Brakes

Stefano,  The combination that worked best for me is below.  It was very effective for
a number of years until the car was sold last year.  I've listed the items in the order
of what I consider to be decreasing importance.  The Tilton proportioning valve was key
and also helped reduce rear lockup when the car (on track tires) was experiencing far
more forward weight transfer than the designers ever considered with TRXs or P6s.

- Step type proportioning valve to move some of the brake load forward ($85)
- Header wrap of rear exhaust piping in the vicinity where the pipe
passes the caliper ($cheap)
- Careful tweaking of exhaust system mounting to maintain a minimum 3/4
inch clearance of pipe and caliper
- Porterfield R4 Pads (about $80/axle)
- Wilwood 540 DOT3 fluid - bled for each event (~$8/pint)
- Removed most of the front splash shield, only left a very small inner
circle which functions as the bearing dust shield
- Slotted Front and Rear rotors (machined locally)
- Braided steel brake lines

Gerry Lehmann
'86 GTV6