Locking the crank pulley nut

What is the popular wisdom about locking the crank pulley nut on 2 liters, now
that the tab locking washers seem to be NLA?

We had a tussle, trying to get the nut off Paul Albertson's Turbodelta car,
because someone had used Loctite on it.  Brought my new rattle wrench to its
knees, until Joe Kollmann put a torch on it long enough to break the seal.
But not everybody is skilled or equipped to use a torch.  The tab washer which
keyed into the crankshaft nose and wrapped around two flats of the nut seems
like a great approach, but there seem to be none in Portland.  Time to put the
harmonic balancer (Alfettese for crank pulley) back on now.

So, what's everybody using?  Mr. Sahines?  The way Tom S's Giulietta screams,
he must know the ultimate truth here.

Regarding the virus that hit John H: me too.  If you have been hit and you are
running Windows ME or XP, remember to disable System Restore when you clean
your system, or it'll be right back.  It got right thru BOTH my antiviral
programs, which are updated every 8 hours!  Nasty.

I'd like to lock some little geeks' nuts up real tight!

Joe