re: 164 trunk springs

I'm thinking there's some variance in spring power between specimens. Mr.
Smith states that his springs won't hold the trunk open on a slope. My
springs are on their medium setting and the trunk almost opens itself.

When I bought the car, the springs were on the 'highest setting' holes and
it popped open with flair when the release button was pressed. At the time I
didn't know that the button refused to work while the car was running -- I
found this out at the airport later on whilst trying to quickly drop someone
off. THAT'S a feature I could do without! Open when I push the button, I
say!

Since there seems to be several interested parties in these hinges &
springs, should I put my springs/hinges/covers on eBay so's you can slug it
out?

Just in from a beautiful evening drive in the topless Spider,

- Eric Hambleton, Marietta, GA
  1988 Milano Verde - 1976 Spider - 1993 164 L (parting - what do YOU need?)