RE: Brake light Switch 74 GTV

> Can someone please explain the operation of the brake light switch for a
> 74 GTV.  I am having intermittent brake light problems.
>
> I have 12 + volts on one side of the switch and Aero volts on the other,
> when I push on the pedal, the 12+ volt side drops to zero and the lights
> do not work.  Is this how it should work?  Or do I have a bad switch?

Are you measuring voltage across the switch?  If so, try measuring voltage
against a good ground.

The brake light switch seems to be working.  It switches 12v to the rear
bulbs.

Check the voltage at the brake lights themselves.  Measure against a good
ground (not the other side of the bulb) with the brake switch open and
closed.  See if the voltage is switching.

I'm guessing the brake lights need to have the grounds cleaned.

bs