re: Chrysler et Les Vingt Quatre Heure du Mans

hi john,

ok, i stand corrected - the chrysler 300 of the 1950's may be in my lifetime, much the same way as the cars of the 20's were in yours...  ;~)  viva chrysler!!!  :>)

and, yer comment to "contrarians" about a fwd car coming in sixth certainly makes sense to me - yust a few steps off the pace...  much like today!  :>)

regards,

doug s.
============================
   "...Within my lifetime (barely, by about five months) Chrysler took
   respectable third and fourth places at Le Mans in 1928, behind the
   winning Bentley and second-place Stutz, both of which had larger engines
   than the Chryslers. Also of possible interest to contrarians is that a
   front-wheel-drive car (an Alvis) took sixth, and that all four of the
   fwd cars entered finished..."

   "...I'm not too familiar with the later records, but Martin Swig, the
   noted California Alfa dealer and collector (and impresssario of the
   California Mille, I believe) showed up at the St.Louis Alfa convention a
   few years ago in a fifties-vintage Chrysler 300 which he greatly enjoyed
   as a road car, so at least one respectable Alfa person saw some merit in
   some Chryslers beyond the halcyon twenties. Personally, I've never paid
   much attention to them, but on their record the company did build some
   fair cars..."