Re: Why 164 S and Q Trunk Springs Aren't the Same as L/LS

The additional weight of the spoiler at the rear lip of 164 S and Q trunk
lids makes the springs holding the lid up work much harder to support the
additional mass than on the spoiler-less Base, L and LS cars. I had the
spoiler off when I was preparing to repaint the car, and the trunk lid
snapped up suddenly without the extra weight the springs were prepared to
lift.

Rich Lasner
1992 164 S
ARA